When a printer reset is necessary
A reset can be made for the internal counter or if your printer has hung and is no longer running properly due to an error message. If you don’t know how to connect wireless printer then check this post.
- A reset for the internal counter can only be done with inkjet printers, as they are equipped with an integrated overflow container. This collects excess ink generated during processes.
- However, this is only necessary if the printer reports a full overflow container. However, this does not have to be correct, as the printers display the message permanently after a certain number of print processes.
- You can perform the normal reset on all common printers where, for example, an error message can no longer be deleted or which hangs for other reasons.
Carry out a printer reset – this is how it works
Printers have evolved a lot and now have their own apps and also built-in displays from which you can control the device and also reset it. In the following bullet points you can read how a reset to the factory settings works for the most common manufacturers. Information on resetting the printer can also be found in the operating instructions for your device and on the manufacturer’s website.
- With the manufacturer Epson, the reset is usually carried out using the free Epson Service Tool software . In the program you will find a separate menu item to carry out a reset. If your printer does not support this version, then depending on your model you will have to look for another, also paid, alternative on the Internet.
- Brother printers are simpler . Press the printer’s Menu and Start buttons at the same time and then immediately press the Plus button or the up arrow four times. This takes you to the main menu. Now navigate to “Purge Counter” or “Reset” and follow the instructions. Alternatively, the factory settings can also be restored using the “BRAdmin” program.
- You can also easily reset most Canon models. To do this, press and hold the Power, Formfeed and Print Mode buttons at the same time. If the process is successful, you will hear an audio signal from the printer.
- There is also a key combination for the reset on Pixma printers. To do this, you need to turn off the printer and hold down the On button while turning it on. Simultaneously press the Stop button five times. You can then release all keys. The printer will now automatically reset to factory settings.
- The situation is different with HP , because not all models have the option of resetting the counter using the built-in software. The Laserjet series usually does not have this function and therefore has to be overhauled after 50,000 prints. However, a soft reset is possible via the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” software
Reset HP printers using the control buttons
There are different methods to perform a reset. Some HP printers can be reset directly via the menu in the input screen if they are equipped with control buttons. There are two methods for this:
Method 1 : Unplug the power cord and wait about 30 seconds. Then press the [#] and  keys simultaneously and keep the keys pressed until you plug the power cord back into the power outlet. When the printer turns on, you can release the buttons.
Method 2: If your machine is still malfunctioning after the first method, unplug the power cord from the outlet while the printer is on. Now press the [#] and  keys at the same time and keep the keys pressed. Plug the power cord back into the power outlet. Keep holding the keys until you see ” Semi NVM Reset ” on the control panel. Now release the buttons so that the printer performs a reset.
Reset HP printers with software
Unfortunately, the reset via the control buttons does not work with all printers. One method that is possible with most HP printers is to perform a so-called soft reset using the HP Print and Scan Doctor software . Unfortunately, the software only runs on Windows so far. For a Mac device, there is HP Smart for Desktop software that you can use to find and reset bad settings.
quick start Guide
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software from the HP website and install it on your computer.
- After the installation, open the program and go directly to ” Start “. Your printer will now be searched for. Once the software has found your printer, click Next . If your printer was not found, select ” My product is not listed ” to search for it manually.
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor then looks for problems and incorrect settings. If the incorrect settings are found, they are automatically reset and thus corrected in most cases. Finally, click ” Test Print ” to check if your printer is working properly again.
The printer does not print – troubleshooting
Complete the following steps:
- First, check if the printer is properly connected to your computer. Also change the USB socket and restart the computer.
- Wireless printers can still have connectivity issues .
- Empty ink cartridges or a paper jam can also be a source of error. However, this is usually signaled by the printer. Also, make sure that the printer door is properly closed.
- Check on the computer whether the print job is still active. To do this, go to Control Panel > ” Devices and Printers ” and right-click on your printer to select ” View Print Jobs “. There you can continue or restart the print job if necessary.
- If your printer is not defined as the default printer, print jobs may go to the wrong programs or printers. Set your default printer and then resend the print job.
- If you haven’t found a solution yet, you can also use Windows’ automatic troubleshooting. Under System Preferences, click Devices and Printers. Select your printer and right click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Finally, the problem can also be due to outdated driver software. In this case, uninstall and update the driver.
Online UK Vape Shop – Uni Vapez
It can be useful to have a mini bar fridge in the house
Propylene Oxide Prices Today, Price Chart and Forecast Analysis Provided by Procurement Resource